Thursday, September 17, 2009

Insanity- Day 4 Cardio Recovery

Recovery is right! Although this Insanity workout wasn't nearly as hard as the others so far, it still had it's challenging moments. Shaun T. has us holding squats which really make the quads burn, doing a variety of plank exercises (my favorite!) & holding lunges too. It was basically a power type yoga class. Nice & refreshing & helped work some of the soreness out of the muscles!

My eating was spot on yesterday. Instead of keeping a food journal of what I have eaten, I am making out the menu the night before. That way, I have everything ready to go, calories counted & mind set on what to eat for the day. If I do slip up or skip eating something, I'm adding that in.

Here is the menu for today:
  • Meal 1- Double Greenberry Shakeology 320 calories
  • Meal 2- Oatmeal, banana, 20 almonds 388 calories
  • Meal 3- Homemade veggie soup & turkey sandwich 400 calories
  • Meal 4- Apple & almond granola bar 240 calories
  • Meal 5- Chicken, Spinach & Ricotta Cheese Quesdillas 306 calories (I'm planning to have 2)

Total: 1624 calories

I took my blood pressure yesterday. It was 100/60, which I am proud to announce. I also burned 1925 calories, according to my heart rate monitor.

I have to say, I really am enjoying this, in a weird, twisted way. It is hard, no doubt about that. But, even after just 4 days, I can tell I have more energy, mental alertness, less pudgy & bloated. It is fun to be challenged in a way that I wouldn't necessarily do just on my own. Although I realize it is going to continue to be tough & challenging, I am looking forward to seeing the results I get from this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Extreme Health 4 Life Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template