Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Insanity- Day 2 Plyo Cardio Circuit

Started Insanity Day 2 off being a bit sore from the fit test yesterday. Not too bad, but enough to confirm that I did in fact do some work yesterday. Good to know.

Hadn't watched the plyo cardio circuit dvd, so wasn't really sure what I was in for, but I did start off pretty strong, I think. Looked at the heart rate monitor a few times, & each time it was in the 160's, so I know I was working at a pretty good pace.

So, once I got towards the end, I did start to peter out a bit. There is a spot where Shaun T. tells you to look into his eyes & dig deeper, & that seemed to help for a few seconds anyway. Then there is the dramatic music towards the end, like in a movie when the hero is determined to finish what he (or she) is doing, to make it to the end. I found it a bit amusing, thinking like that.

Overall, I did push myself, I did burn 300 calories, according to the heart rate monitor, & I am feeling soreish but energetic. And, I didn't feel ill afterwards like yesterday. That may be due to the fact that I didn't eat before hand. Thought I would try that out to see how I felt, & I felt pretty good.

Next is cardio power & resistance. I think I am going to try to watch some of it today so I can have an idea of what I am in for.

Another aspect of Insanity is the eating plan. Didn't do the greatest yesterday, so last night I went through the Elite Nutrition book & wrote out what I was going to eat today. The plan is based on 5 meals & eating 40% protein, 40% carb & 20% fat. Each meal contains approximately 300 calories, & has instructions about how to scale it up to either 400 or 500 calories depending on your individual caloric needs. Therefore, these five meals a day will provide anywhere from 1500 calories to 2500 calories per day.

I used the Harris Bendedict Equation to determine my caloric needs. This formula determines your basal energy requirements, which is the energy required to maintain your current weight without exercise.

For women: 655 + (4.35 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years).
This number for me is 1289.1
Then you determine your activity level.
  • If you are sedentary, your exercise factor is 1.2
  • If you are lightly active, your exercise factor is 1.375
  • If you are moderately active, your exercise factor is 1.55
  • If you are very active, your exercise factor is 1.7
  • If you are extremely active, your exercise factor is 1.9

So you take your total from the equation, & multiply it by your exercise factor. That gives me a number of 2191.47. That is how many calories I can consume a day, if I have exercised & been active, without gaining or losing weight. If I wanted to lose weight, I would knock off 500 to 750 calories from what I eat & if I want to gain weight, add about that much. Females can't go below 1200 calories without suffering & males can't go below 1500.

Here is my food plan for today:

  • Meal 1- Double Greenberry Shakeology with unsweetened almond milk & 1/2 OJ= 370 calories
  • Meal 2- Oatmeal & 20 almonds= 288 calories
  • Meal 3- Homemade veggie soup & turkey sandwich= 390 calories
  • Meal 4- Almond granola bar & apple= 280 calories
  • Meal 5- Hamburger, corn, baked beans= 454 calories

This puts me at around 1782 calories for the day, 409 below my active metabolic rate.

I also didn't post a few starting measurements. Right now, I'm at 122 lbs & 13% body fat (15.9 lbs); 86.1% lean body mass (106.1 lbs); body water 35.9 L. Not too bad of a starting off point. I will get my "before" pics put up in the next few days too.

That's all I have for now!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Extreme Health 4 Life Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template