Saturday, January 23, 2010

Food Diary 1/23/10- Greenberry Sunrise Shakeology Shake

I've come to realize that I have a ton of food in my house right now. So, for at least the next few days I'm going to challenge myself to do two things: Eat only food that is currently in the house and don't spend any money on groceries for 5 days. I know I can do the first one, hope to do the second one. But, if we run out of essentials like bread or beans or peanut butter, a quick restock trip to the store might be necessary. Hope my favorite healthy store in Iowa, Wheatsfield Co-op doesn't miss me too much! I'll be back soon to spend plenty of money!

  • Breakfast:
    • 1 c oatmeal, 2 T ground flax seed, 1 T organic brown sugar, 1 T real maple syrup & 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk.
  • AM Snack:
    •  Greenberry Sunrise Shakeology
  • PM Snack:
    • Clementine
    • Cascadian Farms Granola Bar
  • Dinner:
    • Vegan BLT
    • Baked Beans
    • Corn
    • Broccoli
  • Dessert:
    • 1/2 c Vanilla soy yogurt w/ 1 T strawberry jam and 1/4 c Fiber One cereal
There is this product called "Faken Bacon" that I was hoping would be really good. And, as far as I'm concerned, it is. It does have a bacon flavor, but the texture, of course, is different. But, if you fry it long enough, it gets crisp and makes a great sandwich. Top it off with some Veganaise, organic tomato and lettuce and you got yourself a BLT!

Okay, I have to confess that, technically, Shakeology is considered vegetarian but not vegan because it has whey protein. That being said, I abstained from it for the 21-Day Kickstart, but really missed it. It is really the most healthy shake I've ever had and I want to keep it in my diet. I haven't decided if I will go back to having it everyday or just a few times a week, but it will be back in my diet. Here is my Shakeology Sunrise recipe I made today:

Greenberry Shakeology Sunrise shake:


1 c unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop Greenberry Shakeology
1/4 c orange juice concentrate
1/4 frozen organic blueberries
1/2 c water
Ice

Put all in blender and blend to desired consistency. Pour in a tall glass and enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Extreme Health 4 Life Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template