Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Get Out of Your Comfort Zone!




I'll tell you what; your sweet, innocent IowaGirl69 used to be the shyest, quietest, most insecure girl you'd ever met. Why? Because I was taught to be afraid, that there is no way I should ever do anything that might cause harm, injury or embarrassment. That venturing outside my comfort zone was a bad thing that I should never do.

It wasn't the fault of the people in my life; after all, they were also raised that way. They never made the choice to change their way of thinking, and have lived a life that I would say is quite sad and depressing. It wasn't until a few years ago, starting when I ventured out of my comfort zone to become a scout leader, that I really began to realize that how I was brought up was no way to live.

Slowly but surely, I have come quite far from that comfort zone and continue to do things that challenge me and even scare me, in a way. And I've also learned to never say never, because if you would have told me 6 years ago that I would have no problem getting in front of a group, I wouldn't have believed you. That I would have the opportunity to go rock climbing, hold an alligator, introduce a governor, start a business and more, there's no way. But, in that time, I made up my mind to stop letting fear hold me back and to just go for it. That is what I suggest you do too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Extreme Health 4 Life Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template