Sunday, February 14, 2010

P90X - Week One Recap


I completed week one of 13 this past week and wanted to recap some things of the experience and what I learned, to pass along to others just starting out this journey.
  1. Day one resulted it being REALLY sore on day two. I didn't even feel like I pushed myself overly hard, but I definitely felt it the next day.
  2. Plyo is also hard, but I do like it a lot, for the most part. There are certain exercises that make the legs burn terribly bad, but those are the most effective ones.
  3. Yoga X is long, but as Tony says, yoga is the fountain of youth. So do your yoga!
  4. Ab Ripper X: intense.
  5. Absolutely my favorite so far: Kenpo X. I'm not the most coordinated person in the world, but there's something about kickboxing rountine's that I just love.
  6. Start out with a little lighter weights while the body gets adjusted to the workout, but definitely kick up the weight pretty fast for max results.
  7. Resistance bands will give you a great workout too.
  8. Make sure you print out and use the P90X workout sheets (find them here). There is also a great Excel version where you can keep all your P90X data here.
  9. Take your before pics. That way you can be extra proud of your accomplishments when you are done. Plus, who knows? It could land you on a future P90X ad! Believe me, it does happen. My awesome Beachbody coach Taryn is one of them!
  10. If staying focused is a challenge for you, as it can be for me, get a calendar and write down your workouts, days and weeks left and mark the days off with a big, black X when you finish your workout. Put it up in the area you are doing your P90X so you can see your progress.
  11. Make sure you get enough sleep, especially when doing P90X. That is the time when the body does its recovery, so shoot for at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
Results from week one:
  1. I can definitely feel more definition in my arms and shoulders. Not sure if it is visible yet, but I can feel it.
  2. I lost 2 lbs.
  3. Between the workouts and daily Shakeology, I feel I have a lot more energy and don't get tired as easily.
  4. I am loving P90X so much that I've been motivated to start a boot camp here in Des Moines when the weather warms up that will revolve around P90X. Stay tuned for further details in the coming weeks!
I think that recaps things pretty well for week one. Week two will be ending in a few days, so will update more then!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Extreme Health 4 Life Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template